We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+28
Erumei
Pyrnn
Eurik
Surrealblade
Raspberries
Mended
Mappo Runt
Icecreammafia
Caprius
GrimLoard
Mayhemz
fortmyerspolice
Ryzouken
Ossion
Phlibbit
Tigerlady
Triciont
nekoconeko
Nova (Devilmoon)
Suarve2
Kersi
Ominai
Jordytacious
Ronnok
Asianie
Mortified
Kailok5090
Thalamant
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-15, 17:53

Welcome to Sacred Dawn! In many ways Sacred Dawn is the spiritual successor to TwilightEdge from FFXI's Titan Server, but for people unfamiliar with myself or TwilightEdge, I would like to make this thread to allow us to introduce ourselves.

Please post a brief description of your MMO gaming background and what type of character you intend to create including character name. If you were known in FFXI by a different name than what you intend to use in 14, please specify that.

So now I'll introduce myself. I joined FFXI day one NA PC release, and have been known as Thalamant. My main job for most of my time was a Dragoon, which was my first 75 (BEFORE they were considered 1337). I also had a 75 BLU, and 71 SMN before retiring from FFXI early in 2010.

I began my "MMO Career" playing EverQuest with my father and brother. In EQ my character was Thalantar, a High Elf Wizard. I have played multiple MMOs including EQ, EQ2, Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, Aion, and of course FFXI.

In FFXI I was the leader of a small social linkshell known as ReignOfFire before joining Kailok's (my brother >.>) linkshell TwilightEdge. I was an officer in TE, and got a good bit of experience doing runs in Sky and Sea.

I started Sacred Dawn in a sort of reflection of TwilightEde. Many of the members/officers will be familiar, but the leadership has changed. Kailok and I came to an agreement that I would lead Sacred Dawn, however he is an important part of my leadership team. It is my desire to lead this linkshell to the best of my ability, and expect everyone to challenge me in that endeavor.

Please introduce yourselves and if you have screenshots of your character from FFXI please add that into your post. If you didn't play FFXI you can post a picture of a character from any other game you played.

Last edited by Thalamant on 2010-08-15, 18:39; edited 1 time in total
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-15, 18:03

I'll go with the less formal route:

Yo! It's Kailok. As my brother specified I used to be the leader of TE, we've decided to go a different path this time around and we think it'll be for the better. I've played every MMO that Thalamant has, though I only barely tried WAR and LOTRO. I played FFXI for 6 years (a bit on and off but primarily it was my main MMO). I was a 75 Paladin, 75 Samurai, a 75 WAR and an upcoming BLU (I forget what level). I've been Kailok for..a long time, don't call me Kail (even though I know you will anyway...) aaaand I'm pretty laid back. I like having fun and I like helping so if anyone needs help I'll be sure to do my best to be there. ^^

Also, I'm 19, real name's Cameron, can call me Cam or Cammy if you like, doesn't matter. I also like being called Kai in-game too. Go with what ya want.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortified 2010-08-15, 19:45

Thanks Cammy :P

I am Mortified. FFXI was my first real MMO I played it for 5 years and finally ended up with a 75 Paladin and a 70 Red Mage all other jobs were between lvls 30 and 55 (except lolPuppetmaster). I used to play another MMO back in the days of the Sega Dreamcast called Phantasy Star Online, which I played for 2 years. I like FPS games as well so if you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 and want to play some Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Halo Reach (when it comes out) give me a holler. I am 23 years young and live in the pointy state that some people call, Tennessee. I work at Best Buy as a customer service rep (best job ever 🇳🇴 ). Any ways, I am super excited for this game to come out!! I look forward to seeing new and familiar faces this go around :)
Mortified
Mortified
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Asianie 2010-08-15, 23:29

Hello, everyone~! I'm Asianie aka Asia. I use to be a member for TE for awhile as a 75 Whitemage. I play other games such as WoW and Aion. But I also love to play the PS3 as well. ;) Those people that out there can testify I'm a fun loving, outgoing, down to earth, honest and quirky individual. :) I'm counting down the days to hit up the store and get FF XIV downloaded on my computer and start playing FF again. I have missed everyone so much since I left the game online and can't wait to reconnect with old friends and make new ones~! See you soon~! :D
Asianie
Asianie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnok 2010-08-16, 13:36

Hi, My name is Ronnok but some of you might remember me as FATNFLUFFY. I played FFXi for a short period and never got to the higher lvls like most of the people in TE. I play WoW and Aion and have some decent lvl characters on those games. I play xbox and ps3 a whole lot so add me up....FATNFLUFFY <----G/T

my real name is Connor and I know both Kailok and Thalamant personally ( they are my buddy buds :lol: ) and Mortified is also my good online buddy. Looking forward to getting on FFXIV with all of you :P
Ronnok
Ronnok
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-16, 14:25

YOU'D BETTER CONNOR, OR YOUR LIFE WILL BE FORFEIT
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordytacious 2010-08-16, 18:05

I am Jordan AKA Jordytacious AKA thick dick vermillion.

HI :]

Jordytacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-16, 20:34

I am me! I am all that is manly, that is all.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-16, 20:44

OMIIIIIIIII!!! What's up man?! Can't wait to play again just to have an excuse to hang out with you again :P
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kersi 2010-08-16, 21:06

Hey everyone, I am Kersi. Played ffxi had a 75 RDM sometimes, it was actually 74 most of the time. What can I say I am good at dying :(
Kersi
Kersi

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty hello

Post by Suarve2 2010-08-17, 13:47

played ffXI for all of 5 minutes, but i started my mmo's off with asheron's call back on a pentium 3. and before that i used to play aoe, starcraft 1, and diablo. i have tried wow and everquest but never really got into them. although i did play guildwars for sometime, with my ranger/necromancer. and i have tried several different free mmo's. i have been playing eveonline for sometime now. and i tried aion for a while just recently. for now i'm going back and forth between starcraft 2 and eve with a mix of console games here and there.

how are everyones gaming rigs?
Suarve2
Suarve2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-17, 13:56

Mine's a crappy Dell, hoping with this new job I'll be able to afford one by the time it comes out or a lil afterwards. Since i'll be building it I won't have to spend nearly as much
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarve2 2010-08-17, 13:57

if you need help on building it, i'd be happy to. its a hobby of mine. also thats what i do for a living. so its both work and play
Suarve2
Suarve2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-17, 14:06

Thanks Steven :) I got my brother though, he's the exact same way. I appreciate it though man ^^ At least we'll all be able to talk specs. Are you and Amanda waiting until PS3 release to get it or getting it on PC?
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty um

Post by Suarve2 2010-08-17, 14:12

probably going to start with it on computer, but we both have our own comps. and both with pretty high specs, well i have 3 with high specs. but yeah.
Suarve2
Suarve2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-17, 14:20

nice lol now that I have a job I can't wait to get buyin' and stuff. it's gonna be awesome being able to play with everybody. :D
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarve2 2010-08-17, 14:44

yeah, i just recently upgraded the graphics card on my desktop, and i'm waiting a while before i up the processor on it. its a build i did right out of high school. then about two years ago i bought a 17 sager notebook with a desktop processor. and now i just upgraded from a dell xps m1330 to a hp envy 15. thats my school/ portable gaming computer.
Suarve2
Suarve2

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Introduction

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-08-17, 16:50

Hola people. Some of you might know me from FFXI, some may know me from XBL, or some of you may just not know me lol. I'm Nova, chances are the name will be taken, so I will be Nova(something). Iplayed FFXI for 5 years. I also play games like WoW and occasionally Aion. I started running with Thal and Kai a few years ago after I began to work with Thal in rl. I've always been a fan of the FF series and can't wait for this. Chances are I will be the only Roegadyn(galka) in the shell but who knows. My real name is Aaron. I'm 22 years old and I live in SW Florida where it's always so damn hot T_T. Anywho can't wait to see you all in game ^^y
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-17, 21:27

I'm pretty sure Connor and Mitch are both gonna be the galk-alikes
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnok 2010-08-17, 23:14

yes sir...count on me being a galka!
Ronnok
Ronnok
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by nekoconeko 2010-08-18, 02:57

Ahh funk. Here goes another try on uploading this frakkin' introduction.
Bah I played Eve Online, City Of Heroes, A few EveQuest, Earth & Beyond, plenty FF, Gekkeiju Online, Hello Kitty Online (shut ur fayse)
MapleStory, Phoenix Dynasty Online, pooponline and offline... >_> Ragnarok, WoW (got annoying, QUICK!)

Tis been a while since I've played any of these,
I've gotten some what of a life over the past few years and take showers as ofter as possible.
jk ._. I always shower...

I'm definitely looking forward to play FFXIV!
The group gameplay, the beatiful ingame graphics,
the massive amount of tender love and care they poured into the massive depth of this game.

Just curious, is anyone getting the collector's edition?

Introductions 114508
nekoconeko
nekoconeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-18, 03:06

I know my brother is, he wanted to be the first to get it so he could let everyone know what server to get on. i'm voting on Gabranth or Jecht server if they're keeping the current servers the beta is using. I would but i gotta make sure i have a gaming rig before I go preordering anything lol

FTW on City of Heroes btw Introductions 319318 i loved that game!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by nekoconeko 2010-08-18, 03:33

Kailok5090 wrote:I know my brother is, he wanted to be the first to get it so he could let everyone know what server to get on. i'm voting on Gabranth or Jecht server if they're keeping the current servers the beta is using. I would but i gotta make sure i have a gaming rig before I go preordering anything lol

FTW on City of Heroes btw Introductions 319318 i loved that game!

Shaweeet!

hahaa me to, minus the endless amounts of glitches in the game.
Slightly aggravating.

nekoconeko
nekoconeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-18, 04:06

Yeah but surprisingly it was still pretty fun regardless lol
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-18, 17:40

Theres other editions other than the Collectors editions? Introductions 842315
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-18, 17:50

Yeah Omi D: I dunno what I wanna do..guess it all depends on if I have a good enough computer by then =x
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by nekoconeko 2010-08-19, 01:22

YOU BETTER SELL ALL OF THE PIZZAS YOU CAN! OR ELSE!
Just save up your moneyz and you'll get it in no time.
Plus you don't have any bills to pay, right?! :D

nekoconeko
nekoconeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-19, 03:54

Correct! Plus, thal is gettin' me a video card for my bday so that'll knock off a hundred bucks right there! so I think it'd be a total of 400 dollars :o tops. I found some sweet DDR3 2x2gig sticks for like 90 dollars, so cheap XO
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Triciont 2010-08-20, 01:46

Hello everyone! My name is Trent aka Triciont in FFXI (and hopefully FFXIV) I'm 20 born & raised in Iowa (I'm not a farmboy, hillbilly, redneck, hick, etc.) I get that a lot though. I love playing games. I have all 3 consoles and a pc w/ high specs. FFXI was pretty much my first and only mmorpg ever. I'm excited for FFXIV looking forward to meeting you guys in game and kickin' some ass! Hit me up if you want to play.

PSN: T3nacious-T
XBL: T3N4C1OUS
Triciont
Triciont
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-21, 14:41

I never actually did a proper intro so here goes,

Hello Introductions 70948

I'm Alex aka teh Ominai in ffxi, i am 21 and from lovely england, and im soon to pick myself up a new supar pc for ffxiv, i've playede a few mmo's but not like RO, aion, ffxi and i spent a few years playing the worst mmo in the world tibia, lookinf forward to shiney ffxiv big time stylie Introductions 463673
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-21, 14:48

Oh hai Omi, nice to meet you, not like I haven't known you for like 3 years >.> or so..
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-08-21, 14:51

wow Introductions 353754 i think this is the first time omi has ever actually posted his real name ANYWHERE. i only ever learned his name from his brothar lol Introductions 334821
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-21, 14:57

Just dont delve any deeper i might have to bury you with a bag of lime Introductions 152172
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-21, 15:04

I know his last name too Introductions 912227
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlady 2010-08-21, 17:23

Hey all, Tigerlady here as most of you know.

I first started my MMO experience with FFXI and played for probably 5 years up until recently. I had a 75 THF and DRG and got BST up to 56, my WHM was almost 40 and pretty much had every other job randomly leveled between 10-37 except PLD, SCH, and RDM. Other than that I've delved into others such as Aion, Guild Wars for a time, and other various free MMOs such as Runescape, Shaiya, MapleStory, Runes of Magic, and one called Rappelz, I think. I don't remember and I'm sure there are more.

Anyway I hope to stick with my old name, seeing as I'll most definitely be a Miqo'te, but I hear there's a slight difference in the naming system so I may pick something different. We'll see. I plan to get FFXIV for my computer, but I'm still not certain if it can properly run it, but I suppose I'll find out. By the way, I do have a PS3, even though I'm rarely on it. I don't have many games for it so if anyone wants to recommend anything I can play with other people that'd be good. SN is Tigerlady245 for anyone interested. Enough about games.

I'm 21, the real name is Allex (yes there ARE two L's), and I'm in my senior year of college as an English major. Before anyone asks, no I don't plan to teach! Introductions 855352 I'd prefer to write, or do some publishing or editing work. Who knows. I currently go to college in upstate New York, but I live in Maine in an area where there's more cows than people. I'm a pretty easy going person and can get along with just about anyone, so feel free to ask me for help in-game or whatever and more often than not I'll be there. ^^

That's all for now, see you on the boards and in-game! Introductions 114508
Tigerlady
Tigerlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-08-21, 22:12

ZOMG Tiger Introductions 735197

and omi, I LOOOOOOOV LIMES Introductions 500387
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlibbit 2010-08-23, 18:37

Hey there,

I'm new to the board! Mortified is a personal friend of mine and I'm planning on giving FFXIV a shot--the only other MMO I've really done would be WoW, where I played through BC and was a level 70 tauren warrior. I'll likely be giving DC Universe Online a shot this year too. Anyways, I'm excited!

I also run the internet's best (only) Super Mario Bros. Movie website--http://www.smbmovie.com
Phlibbit
Phlibbit

http://www.smbmovie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortified 2010-08-23, 18:50

Yay your finally here. And yes visit his website whether you like the Super Mario Brothers Movie or not haha Introductions 319318
Mortified
Mortified
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-23, 19:17

Nice to meet you Phlibbit! Welcome to Sacred Dawn!
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ossion 2010-08-25, 05:28

Hello everyone~!

My name is Jessy, known as Ossion in most MMO's i play. FFXI was my 1st MMO and i played for 6 years, had DRK MNK THF and finally RDM at 75 (74 half the time) looking foward to FF14 to play with all of you since i live in Naples FL too^^ played Aion for about a year got my Gladiator and my Chanter to 40 (tired of the grindfest tho) i am big on PvP i spent half of my ffxi time waiting for the next Ballista to start!! (60 and uncaped please) was pretty big on the HNM part of ffxi (went crazy camping Khimera for 3 days XD) Cant really think of anything else right now, just getting pumped for Sept 20th and hoping to get some open beta action pretty soon.

(P.S these Emotes kick ass) Introductions 449604
Ossion
Ossion

Back to top Go down

Post by Triciont 2010-08-25, 06:00

/Welcome Ossion and Phlibbit!
Triciont
Triciont
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnok 2010-08-25, 12:44

welcome to both of you Ossion and Phlibbit

glad to hear we got a fellow Floridian here Ossion
Ronnok
Ronnok
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-25, 14:01

Welome Ossion! Happy to have you. Introductions 70948
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-25, 14:13

Welcome! more people Introductions 735197
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-25, 14:42

Welcome both of ya ^^ Ossion, you said your name is Jessy? Who invited you to the shell? (just curious :D)
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ossion 2010-08-25, 16:07

I work with Steven at Staples and have been anticipating FF14 for quite some time now. When Steve told me a few of his buddies are making a LS I was down. (big plus that most of us are ffxi old school Introductions 622918
Ossion
Ossion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-25, 16:21

Yessir ;D I think most of us played for over 5 years or so. Good to see Steven is putting the guild out there too. It should have a huge population this time around seeing as how there's so many FF fans. I still plan on calling the races by their FFXI names currently though >.>
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-25, 16:29

i hope so taru sounds better than lalafell, whenever i hear that name all i think of is Introductions 104177 plus a flowery meadow
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-25, 16:31

Don't forget the rainbows Omi. Introductions 328431
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-08-25, 17:05

maybe even a double rainbow WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum