We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots

5 posters

Go down

FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots Empty FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-24, 15:55

I'd like to remind everyone to please take screenshots of your adventures and post them here!

If you don't currently know how to do so, considering SE doesn't have their own function for this, just take your screenshot by hitting the Print Screen button, and then open any type of image rendering program (Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, etc) - and paste it in there! Then just save it (make sure it's JPEG! - I know Paint likes to save otherwise) and upload it to any sort of online virtual storage you may have (I like using Photobucket myself) - copy the IMG code and post it here!

Sounds strenuous I know, but it'll all be worth it once we have a full gallery on the main webpage! Any screenshot works - could be a pose, or something you find funny, or a glitch you may have found. Anything works so please post them!

Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots Empty Re: FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots

Post by Haze Titan 2010-10-04, 03:45

FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots FFXIV_1286125819

uh, like that i guess. though its not showing up as the picture, just the link... meh. idk. someone tell me what i'm doing wrong if i am.FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots ?action=view&current=FFXIV_1286125819

Last edited by Thalamant on 2010-10-04, 04:43; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : FIFY)
Haze Titan
Haze Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-04, 10:24

thats such a pretty screenie Haze!!! omgosh how exciting~ cant wait till Im able to go see it~ ^^=
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-13, 22:08

A bit of Necromancy, but for a good cause!
Just got onto Mysidia! Kekeke...
FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots KasiaSerisdottirFFXIV
Tis I.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-14, 03:01

Glad to see you finally got in! :D Find myself, Thal, or Omi..or someone! We'll get you in the LS pronto-like.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-14, 03:29

wish I could take screenies. Everytime I try to prntscrn I just paste it into ms paint and theres nothing but black. Course Im also playing fullscreen soo yea. FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots 122197
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-14, 03:43

I gotta say they went NUTS with the cities visually, but once I step outside...it's so bland, not just the distances but just walking around. I get lost sometimes because so much of it all just looks the same FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots 730556 The graphics are nice don't get me wrong, but when you try to make something looks super realistic, you find that it often turns out to have a simulator look to it FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots 86581 Friend of mine said it well when he said "A game doesn't have to look realistic to look great."
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-14, 05:49

Aye, Erumei, if you play in Windowed mode and just set the resolution to your desktop resolution, you can get it to work correctly.

And yeah Nova. I think that's why WoW's scenery and armor just looks so good. Without the holds of realism, they can make scenery any way they want really. Not to say it's the prettiest game in the world, but still. Aion's the same way. It's not overly realistic and the in-game mobs look awesome - as do the environments..well, most of them anyway >.>
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-14, 11:32

Yea exactly. And WoW is supposed to be getting that graphics update, I wonder how it's gonna look and run on my comp FFXIV Post Release/Screenshots 932811
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-14, 13:32

I doubt it'll be too extensive lol I mean it is WoW. All they're doing, from what I've heard, is updating the water.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-14, 20:59

Well that was the big thing they were talking about, but they are also doing alot of stuff with the lighting effects and whatnot. Like that stupid "world glow" effect that you can enable that basically slows your fps and makes the world look radioactive...that's supposed to be going out the window and be replaced with much better lighting and shadow options. As for like major graphic changes idt there will really be much, but the concept was just to make the world better looking as a whole.
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down