We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFXIV Release

+6
Eurik
Nova (Devilmoon)
Triciont
Ryzouken
Ominai
Kailok5090
10 posters

Go down

FFXIV Release Empty FFXIV Release

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-12, 13:39

Ok! Well, as everyone knows the Collector's Edition is right around the corner! And about a little over a week the standard version comes out as well~ So, I figured a few things should be said regarding the release of the game.

1) We will be on the Mysidia server for those who do not know.
2) The rules have always been in effect, however with the release of the game we'll officially be a linkshell in FFXIV, therefore we expect you to handle yourself according to the rules that have been posted in the FFXIV General Chat section when with us and others. Please remember that everyone in the LS represents this linkshell as a whole, not just a couple people.
3) Officers will officially be in effect. So far we haven't had to do much, simply because of the fact that we've been a forum, and since the game isn't out not everyone has been online. Officers looking to figure out what they need to do, please speak to Thalamant.
4) Even after the game is released, please try and keep these forums alive. We'll be posting any news on events we plan on doing and later down the road we'll be using the forums to post points for endgame events. It's not like a job, it only takes 5-10 minutes a day to reply to a topic here and there!
5) Have fun! Remember, most of us are college students, so we may be on at different times of the day depending on work or school.

That's all I can think of so far~ I hope everyone enjoys the game as much as I will!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Release Empty Re: FFXIV Release

Post by Ominai 2010-09-18, 07:04

Another thing of note from SE to do with the release:

- Uninstallation of the Beta Client After the Completion of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test After the Open Beta Test comes to an end, please uninstall the client software "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version."

Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the operating system will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

So don't forget to uninstall the Beta before you load the abrosia onto your pc's, Would'nt want anyone to have any problems and miss out on any precious time online.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-23, 02:47

... I ran into no trouble installing XIV right ontop of my Beta.

Was I lucky?
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Triciont 2010-09-23, 05:07

I got my CE today err yesterday rather but I probably wont be on for some time as I am working on getting a new pc this pc isn't enough I could barely play the beta. I'm not even gonna bother with this thing soooo If anyones wondering why im not on thats why. I would be playing right now if i could. Anyway I'm gonna get this pc situation taken care of asap. hopefully it will only take 1-2 weeks possibly a month
Triciont
Triciont
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-23, 14:41

Hope to see you soon Tric ^^
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-23, 15:40

Further Character Creation Suspension on Several Worlds (Sep. 23): Follow-up 8

We are experiencing congestion of player characters in certain areas on the Lindblum World, in addition to the worlds mentioned in the previous announcement. Due to this, character creation on these worlds has also been suspended.

We will inform you when character creation is reinstated.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

*Character creation is suspended on the following worlds:
- Cornelia World
- Gysahl World
- Mysidia World
- Figaro World
- Lindblum World
- Selbina World.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-09-23, 16:25

I can't even get on ANY server atm because of a server error 1015 that continually pops up, even while doing nothing, at the main menu...I'm as convinced as ever that this game was NOT ready for release...let's hope this crap along with the server lag gets straightened out soon, because this is ridiculous... FFXIV Release 730166
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-09-23, 16:43

You guys wanna do some leves when the server is finally back up?
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarve2 2010-09-23, 21:41

i'm playing and it works fine over here.

names Brecca Suarve i'm in ul'dah
Suarve2
Suarve2

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlibbit 2010-09-23, 21:58

Does this mean we're throwing the server picked earlier out the window?

I don't really want to have to play a bunch on a character I'm not going to be able to use later, unless there's some way to switch it to a different server...
Phlibbit
Phlibbit

http://www.smbmovie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-09-23, 22:20

For the time being we're still playing on Mysidia. Server lag is expected in a release. The servers are full, but only to the standards that SE is setting atm. FFXI servers could hold 5000 people, right now SE is limiting it too 1000. We'll all get onto the same server, don't worry.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-23, 22:29

After that happened I was able to make my character in Mysidia with no problem. I think they're suspending it for a very short period of time to ensure that people who are playing by themselves are just picking a random server instead of those ones. Like I said I had no problem getting on Mysidia when my character was made.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-24, 14:59

Further Character Creation Suspension on Several Worlds (Sep. 24): Follow-up

We previously informed you that character creation on certain worlds had been suspended, but we are pleased to announce that character creation on the Mysidia World has now been reinstated as the congestion in the world has eased up.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlibbit 2010-09-24, 16:13

Awesome! I'll get my character on later today then. I can't wait to start...
Phlibbit
Phlibbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-10-15, 16:05

It seems as an act of "please forgive us, we fucked up." SE have at least done something good.

"FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Period Extension

First of all, we would like to thank you for joining us in the realm of Eorzea, and hope you are enjoying your adventures.

Since the official launch of service on September 30, 2010, we have received a wealth of constructive feedback from the FINAL FANTASY XIV community, and the development and management teams would like to take this opportunity to express their sincerest gratitude. For those who purchased the collector’s edition and began to play one week before official service began, the month-long free play period is drawing to a close. Considering the nature of much of the feedback we received, however, and the current state of the game, we have decided to extend the free trial period for all users. Please continue reading for further details.

We would like to assure players that the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV is constantly growing and evolving, and the voices of the community are essential to that process. The development and management teams are carefully considering all player feedback, and working diligently to implement whatever changes and additions will serve to make Eorzea a better home for adventurers. We humbly ask for your continued support to this end.

Today, we have released information regarding forthcoming version updates. For further details, please view the following Lodestone Topics:
・Version Updates Coming Soon! (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.fin...m/pl/index.html )
・Ask the Devs! (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.fin...6e6fc02b03b1184 )
・Message from the Director (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.fin...5f04bf0793632b5 )

Free Trial Extension Details

Eligibility
All users who registered a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account and purchased a character by October 25, 2010 will be eligible.
Character purchases must have been carried out no later than October 25, 2010 at 23:59(PDT).
Accounts terminated due to User Agreement infractions are ineligible for extension.
Holders of multiple service accounts may receive extensions on all accounts.

Extension Period
An additional thirty (30) days, for a combined free trial period of sixty (60) days.

Free trial period end dates and initial billing dates will be automatically extended. Users are not required to take any action.
Extensions will be for a period of thirty days regardless of billing cycle length. Regular billing will begin upon conclusion of the extended free trial.
Should automatic renewal of options be disabled, the free trial will still be extended.
Users notified by automated mail of either the end of their free trial period or the beginning of their billing period will still receive the extension.
Extensions will be processed by the Square Enix Account Management System on or around October 19, 2010. An official announcement will be made at that time.
Information regarding new billing period dates will be available via the Square Enix Account Management System."
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-10-15, 16:49

I expected most of the fixes listed a bit sooner, but I never expected an additional free month. A+ SE.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-10-15, 17:40

Shows that they're actually listening, whitish is a good thing
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-15, 18:00

Aye, may be a little longer than we imagined but it's definitely encouraging. It helps a lot when they actually show you what they plan on working on. I'm pretty excited to see how smooth it all is once those two come out - and the announcement that Version Updates will come once every 3 months is exciting as well!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-16, 04:41

november theres gonna be an autosort button for the inven! yey :3
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlibbit 2010-10-16, 19:05

Wow! It's good to see that the barrage of horrible reviews and criticism were put to good use. Good thing SE stepped up to the plate on this one.

Last edited by Phlibbit on 2010-10-16, 22:48; edited 1 time in total
Phlibbit
Phlibbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-16, 22:41

Yeah. I'm glad it kicked them into gear to actually give us some sort of information. And that free month of play is definitely a good help to keep the players happy lol
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down