We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What SE should fix about FFXIV....

5 posters

Go down

What SE should fix about FFXIV.... Empty What SE should fix about FFXIV....

Post by Erumei 2010-10-10, 07:40

If you have been playing for awhile I'm sure you've noticed maybe a few things that Square could definatly improve on in FFXIV;
and with updates I'm sure they will, but struggling through the unaltered phase of FFXIV is still a little bit of a pain.
This thread is to list off the little(or big) things that we think SE could improve on/fix up. When they do fix these things with future updates n such I'll cross them all out.
Feel free to add your opinions guys!
What SE should fix about FFXIV.... 104177

- an auto organize button for your inventory

- fix server lag

- alter gear repair system

- making combat faster

- chocobos n airships!

- ingame character customization options

- add more magic-based classes

- a system that allows users to know whats being changed/added/fixed when updates are being installed for the game

edited

- add a mailing system

- make anima come back faster

- gain more skill points per kill when doing leves

- add an AH system

Does square listen to peoples advice btw? << just wonderin...
I mean I've seen suggestion threads to SE before on other forums but I dont think they're official or anything..

Last edited by Erumei on 2010-10-11, 03:28; edited 3 times in total
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

What SE should fix about FFXIV.... Empty Re: What SE should fix about FFXIV....

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-10, 14:09

I believe the combat is decently fast now..I doubt they'll ever get it to the point where it's like WoW speed combat. I kinda wish they did though..I enjoyed WoW a lot from what I played, and when you're fighting that fast it just feels more epic than waiting for your stamina bar to fill back up.

I'd definitely like for them to add a system to include us in what they did as far as updates go - I hate not knowing what they changed.

I think their biggest faults right now that you should add to the list is

1) lack of an AH (or a system that allows you to register your retainer's items and people can look through them)

2) Lack of a mailing system. It's been frustrating having to waste my Anima to go to Limsa when I'm in Gridania just to pick something up from someone or give them something. It's not THAT bad but you run out of Anima fast enough, which brings me to the next one

3) Anima doesn't come back NEARLY fast enough. I know they changed it, but 1 for every 4 hours is ridiculous. Especially when there's no chocobo or airships to go around. They need to change it to either 1an:2hr or 1an:1hr. It wouldn't be too much because it would still require you to wait at least 2 or 3 days to completely restore back to 100.

4) You should at LEAST gain skill points whenever a monster is killed during a Leve. It's extremely frustrating and irritating when I'm level 10 Gladiator, set a 10+ leve to 2 stars and barely get jack for Gladiator EXP. If I'm having to wait in order to do my Leves, I better get something from it.

And those are my biggest quips about this game so far.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-10, 14:54

I gotta admit, it just isn't enjoyable at the moment. I myself have only done Pug and Fishing, but I have seen crafting and other classes, and I'm just not entertained enough to play for more than like 45 mins What SE should fix about FFXIV.... 6449 If they didn't set limitations in the Leves I would probably be on ALOT more, but just grinding all these things is just too plain repetitive for me. Hopefully they will just drop the Leve xp a bit and make it like 8 Leves a day or something, then I would probably be on more. But for the meantime, it's sadly just not a game I enjoy playing What SE should fix about FFXIV.... 820207
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-10, 16:16

I can almost agree to most of that. I enjoy the crafting more than I do battle at the moment, which is strange for me..but they have a ways to go before it's the solid game they were hoping it to be. I kinda wish they would have kept the release back until March and launched it with the Ps3 version. Finished game + only having to buy the PS3 version = good things to come.

But they didn't, and we have what we have for now, knowing SE's ability to do rather decent updates, it shouldn't be too long before the game is the way we want it to be, or something around there anyway. I'm more excited to be playing something with everyone, not as much about playing the game itself. It's been really cool so far catching up with people we lost along the way and now we've regained people from the past and gotten some new faces around here, and that's what makes me happy :D
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-11, 02:07

In all honesty, I'm not enjoying the game as much as I wanted to be because a lot of the conveniences I have come to expect are just not there. Faster transportation, inventory space, and an actually way to sell your wares all come readily to mind. The reason why I'm playing quite a bit now is for the promise of content that I will enjoy later on. I am truly banking on square-enix delivering excellent content soon.
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-11, 02:55

added suggestions to the list~ and yea, Im playing still in hopes that later on it will be awesome. I mean not alot of people can say they started playing an MMO right when it came out ya know? espcially if its a good MMO. and FFXIV definatly has the potential to be. What SE should fix about FFXIV.... 607740
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-11, 03:15

Yea I for one never played an MMO at first release til now, aside from FFXI in the US for PS2 but that wasn't released till after a year later and I was almost less than a casual player lol. I really dont like when customer demands push up release dates, just because of times like this. I don't want to wait a long time for a game, but I know that I would rather wait for it and have a kickass time with a truly complete game than deal with 6 months - 1year of playing a game that really isn't any good waiting for it to be "finished" so to speak.
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-11, 18:43

Aye, I know they'll get it right if we stick through it, for now I'm just handling it. Sorry I haven't been on much, I'm getting really into this book series >.> hard to put it down whenever I have free time D:
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-11, 19:38

lol I havent been on much either. Work/bf is sorta taking up my time lately :x lol
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-11, 21:12

Well RL priorities always come first with us, but I wouldn't exactly call books priorities :P just a hobby.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlibbit 2010-10-11, 21:35

With me, I just need Nvidia to release a dang driver that'll make this game run smoothly and in SLi on my graphics cards. Right now playing the game is all slow and choppy and the FPS sucks like, soooo bad...
Phlibbit
Phlibbit

http://www.smbmovie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down