We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Beta Questions

2 posters

Go down

Open Beta Questions Empty Open Beta Questions

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-27, 14:01

If you don't manage to get into the Open Beta (its not really Open as much as they are just lifting the NDA) and you'd like specific questions answered, ask them here. Anyone that is in OB can attempt to find these answers for you.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Open Beta Questions Empty Re: Open Beta Questions

Post by Guest 2010-08-30, 13:24

This is probably a stupid question and I may have missed the answer somewhere... but...

What is the current level cap?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-30, 13:31

I'm gonna guess it's level 50 when the game releases. I can't see them releasing a full game with anything less.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-08-30, 13:37

You think they'll do Limit Breaks again? Probably not, since they're so gung-ho about solo play, but I liked those days! It encouraged grouping!

Oh, how many stat points do you get per level?

There's a few others too, but I'm too tired to think of all of them. I mostly just have general questions anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-30, 13:37

Open beta will be capped at 30. (Rank 30 and Level 30). Release I believe will be 50.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-30, 13:42

As far as skill points do you mean attribute points to put towards STR/VIT/AGI/DEX? Or do you mean how many do you can to equip abilities?

For attribute points, you get 6 base stat points per level, and you also get 6 points in which you can increase your resistance to a certain element (say Wind, or Lightning).

As far as skill points per level, I dunno ><
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-08-30, 13:47

Thanks for those answers!

Also, I wonder what end-game resistance is required? Why must I think Fire like WoW's old endgame was? I understand FFXIV doesn't have any end-game content yet, but I'm scared to pick where to put my points!

Is there any restrictions on getting points for crafting yet? Like how in FFXI you could only have a certain amount above level.. 60 was it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-30, 13:52

I definitely feel like they want us to put more stock in resistances this time around. In FFXI there were elemental resistances on gear but most people ignored it unless it was something like ice (paralyze ftl).

I would not be surprised if we end up having to stack resistances to survive some encounters.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-30, 13:55

For my Gladiator I kinda just went with Wind because I like the idea of a paladin that's able to control wind for whatever reason =x so I kinda put Roleplay aspects in there because at the moment we don't really know what type of end-game resistances will be needed. They also don't really have any information on if there will be any end-game events at release for people to enjoy or if it will be released through updates/expansions. I hope not. Would get boring if they didn't, but you have to remember they'll have those guildleves you can set the difficulty pretty high for.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-08-30, 14:04

I'll probably up Fire. That's pretty much a common element for games, I've noticed. But maybe elemental gear will definitely be utilized this time.

Question about guildleves and stuff. Too much conversation took place, and I was wondering EXACTLY how it goes down. Is there quests different from guidleves that have no restrictions? Is storyline apart of that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-08-30, 14:17

So far from what I've seen Guildleves are like the Hunts from FFXII or the Crystalis quests near the end of FFXIII. They are more fun, more efficient, and more rewarding than grinding.

I have not YET seen a guildleve related to the storyline. But they've limited how much storyline we can experience atm.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-08-30, 14:27

That's good to know. I'm not gonna hate if they limit stuff, because there is so much to do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down