We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Interview

2 posters

Go down

Video Interview Empty Video Interview

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-26, 04:04

Go here and watch it! Video Interview 647114

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/11818-video-interview-stress-test-known-issues-pre-order/

Also, in the interview they state that during Open Beta 3 you'll be able to SAVE your character data and use it when you actually purchase the game. That's a total thumbs up!

Seems they'll be releasing classes through updates without waiting for an expansion! That's a plus! Video Interview 500387

Edit: Bless the girl who's doing the interview, she's trying so hard to speak English just for us ^.^

Last edited by Kailok5090 on 2010-08-26, 04:15; edited 1 time in total
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Video Interview Empty Re: Video Interview

Post by Ryzouken 2010-08-26, 04:13

Content Patch classes, and unlockable class abilities through guild tokens as well...

Interesting...

It sounded like they are targeting areas that Beta testers and the general populace have been whinging about (Mouse, input lag) so far so good...

Perhaps we'll see a second shield class before too long.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-26, 04:23

I hope so. Maybe it will be a full type paladin (that perhaps you equip it by equipping a hammer or something?) that comes with it's own heals and such..- I mean, I prefer my swords..but I've always wished they'd introduce a hammer type weapon (specifically great hammers for DPS) .

I didn't like the fact that they state around 8-10minutes that most of the bosses won't be too hard to beat. They say they will be difficult, but what I got out of it is that you won't need to spend much time at all. I enjoy myself a challenge, I don't want this stuff handed to me all the time. I like how they're trying to appeal to casual players but eventually where's the endgame gonna go if you only bend towards people that can only play an hour or so?
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-26, 04:27

Also, something I REALLY don't like...around 12 minutes there's a part where they say that the monsters in the game won't drop gear, they'll drop materials for people to make - that's just putting too much emphasis on crafting..So what happens if you don't have someone in your guild that can make it? you're boned and can't get the item you worked for 'til you find someone who can make it for you outside your linkshell? and that risks someone stealing your things..
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-08-26, 05:10

We-ell... assuming you can't craft it yourself, we'll just have to coordinate profession levelling to ensure a good spread through the linkshell, though I'm sure we could find someone who's that special kind of crazy that wants to max ALL the crafts simo. I kinda like the no equipment thing. Means I might not have to go raid Hodir repeatedly until my tier token drops... *I never did get a damn tier token. Stupid overpopped DK class...*

As far as bosses, I expect that'll be a function by leve difficulty. Remember that this doesn't appear to include end game content. They aren't focusing on it yet. Once they do, I'm sure SE will release doom machines like Absolute Virtue. I can't see them not.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-08-26, 05:17

Well you make a good point, I'm sure when we get to that point we'll have people who will do it and we can plan ahead or something.

And they said in there that they won't have anything like Absolute, at least not at first. I hope they release something tough - I remember the first time tanking Ultima..was so exciting Video Interview 276518
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-08-26, 05:44

Hehe... off tanked in 10 man ToC. Drove me freakin nuts. Only reason I did it was my off spec tank gear outpaced my DPS gear. Only reason I had a tank spec was for PvP and Heroix. Next thing I know guildlead is all "Off tank this Naxx run, then off tank this Ulduar run, now off tank this ToC 10" Video Interview 122197

Pulled it off though! Still, it's that kind of thing I don't want recurring. I chose a role and the gear that dropped dictated different. Gearless drop system? Means I can control what gear I have crafted/craft.

I'll bet $5 that they stick big bad scary bosses in during a content patch within 6-9 months of release.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down