We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Favorite Gaming Series

+2
Xable
Eurik
6 posters

Go down

Top 10 Favorite Gaming Series Empty Top 10 Favorite Gaming Series

Post by Eurik 2010-10-22, 01:51

Hey everyone! Just curious to find out what everyone's top 10 favorite gaming series are. If ya feel like it, also list your favorite game in the series. Mine are, in order:

10. Ninja Gaiden (Ninja Gaiden Sigma, hands down one of the most technical, fast-paced, and precise action games I have played.)
9. Devil May Cry (Devil May Cry 3. I really loved the combat - while not as technical as Ninja Gaiden, it required a fair degree of skill when you get into the meta-game. The general over-the-top humor of the game also has my heart.)
8. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Quite possibly one of the most addictive games every created. It combines RPG elements with unrelenting difficulty when you start out. One of the most fun experiences I have ever had when playing in a dedicated group.)
7. Zone of the Enders (Zone of the enders: The 2nd Runner. Fast, flashy combat. This is one of the few giant robot-type games I enjoy.)
6. Metroid (Super Metroid/Metroid Prime with motion controls. Very hard to choose between these two!)
5. Final Fantasy (Final Fantasy V/ Final Fantasy IX. Do not ask me to pick between these two, I love them for two completely different reasons.)
4. Kingdom Hearts (Kingdom Hearts. While the other games [excluding 358/2 and possibly COM] were very good, I feel that the original did a superior job in story telling.)
3. Ico-Shadow of the Colossus series (Shadow of the Colossus. I was in tears by the end of this game- and what fun it was to play!)
2. Smash Brothers (Super Smash Brothers Melee. Good, chaotic fun. Awesome game to play with friends, as long as no-one takes the game too seriously.)
1. Diablo (Diablo II. Don't ask how many hours I have put into this game. It hits just the right spot of OCD for me.)

I am very curious to know everyone's top list of video game series! Feel free to site individual games that you feel are shining examples of a series and tell us why. I'd certainly love to hear it!

Note: I still want to play Monster Hunter or Dissidia with you guys! D : Heck, I'd play Brawl if you have it too.

Last edited by Eurik on 2010-10-22, 21:56; edited 2 times in total
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Favorite Gaming Series Empty Re: Top 10 Favorite Gaming Series

Post by Xable 2010-10-22, 19:45

ill mkae a nice short list..
1. Final Fantasy
2. Zelda
3. Mario
4. Kingdom Hearts
5. Diablo
6. Shining Force
7. Battlefield

thats about my whole list series wise..

Xable

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-24, 19:35

Aww, c'mon guys. Lemme know what your favorite series are! I'm really curious!
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-10-24, 21:40

1, Assassin's Creed
2, Final fantasy
3, Fable
4, Monster Hunter (300+ hours on FU, and nearly 200 on 3 :D the ultimate time sink.)
5, Oblivion :D
6, Kingdom Hearts (i would put this ALOT higher if it was for a consistent storyline instead of miltitude of DS and PSP prologue, origin, flashback, catchup games)
7, Bioshock ( Infinite was created solely to satisfy my steampunk nerdyness :D)
8, Devil may cry
9, Mass effect
10, ZoE (has to be the only good giant robot game bar armored core.)
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-24, 21:42

Awesome, Omi! Kojima really, really needs to make a new Zone of the Enders game! Also, I thought I was the only one who liked Monster Hunter! Do you have Monster Hunter Tri?
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-10-24, 21:53

yeah, so fun :D
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-24, 21:55

We should totally play Tri sometime.
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-25, 10:15

1: Final Fantasy (bishies! I <3 me some FF. Have all of em back to the 1st on its NES cart!)
2: Pokemon. Been playing since Red/Blue. My Dragonite will pwn j00.
3: .Hack - engaging storyline I still learn stuff about
4: Halo - "the butt of the gun gets more kills than the barrel." That game series has spawned more in jokes...
5: Half-Life excepting Team Fortress. Couldn't get into TF.
6: Disgaea - hilarious script on a solid tactical game system. Only complaint is the games DON'T END!
7: DOA (<3 Kasumi. <3 Hitomi too. Helena ain't bad either.)
8: Virtual On. My friends fell in love with Armored Core, but it was too slow for me. VO ended up being just my speed.
9: Phantom Crash. It was a one shot wonder, but I still play the hell out of that game.
10: Heavy Gear. I HATED mechwarrior because you couldn't strafe (ok, you could torso twist and walk sideways. So not effective in attempting to dodge). HG allowed much of MW's customization, and allowed for single button press strafing. I spent DAYS dodging guided missiles and performing recon and rear formation raids. HG2 took a lot of the customization out, but added EVA combat. HG1 remains my fav though; you could train your suit's AI, how cool is that?!

Them's me favorites, in no particular order.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-25, 14:12

Yea I couldn't stand TF either >< at least not until the latest TF2 when they actually made everything distinctive and entertaining.
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-25, 17:28

I just looked up to see what TF1 looked like....completely different from TF2. Makes you wonder what TF3 will be like when/if they decide to release it.

As for my favorite vidjeh games?

1) Kingdom Hearts - My favorite RPG series of all time. I prefer 1 and 2 rather than the hand-held versions. I never got into the DS one too much and I don't have a PSP to try the new one, but regardless, it's a prequel..and I prefer the story when Sora is in it. *shrug*

2) Battlefield (Only in 2nd place because it's an FPS - those both are different but hold the same love from me Top 10 Favorite Gaming Series 735197 )

3) Final Fantasy - I agree with Eurik when he said that 10 was the last FF that had that real spark in it. 13 was a beautiful game but the game was too linear (as it was for many people) and disagree with him in where he said the battle system was great. While it WAS entertaining, it still wasn't Final Fantasy feeling to me, that battle system only let you command one character, where I'm used to 7 and being able to make the choices everyone in my party makes in order to finish the battle the way I want it to. I don't want to have to worry about whether or not the AI is smart enough to heal me on time before the boss beats me to death.

4) Gonna go ahead and say WoW. I Thoroughly enjoyed that game even though I still haven't gotten to 80 yet. Fact is it's the best MMO out there right now, but only because it's got the decent graphics as well as the gameplay and it's had 6+ years of time to mold itself into the epic game it is. (Hence why we should still keep XIV in our hearts!)

5) Halo - Need I say why it's good? It's just...good.
6) Call of Duty - My favorite of the series was 2. It was the perfect balance of fair gameplay. There weren't noob-toobs (even if those'll never leave games of this day, no double shotguns). Just some awesome WWII killing of Nazis. Modern Warfare was great but MW2 really put me off the series. I loved it when I played it, but eventually you just realize it's just...bad. I'm hoping that BlackOps fills the old shoes - it looks like it will succeed with a whole new pair of shoes.

7) Okami - Everyone knows I love wolves, and finally (FINALLY) a game released with a wolf being a main character. The art in this game is gorgeous and I had so much fun playing it all the time. It was like a Zelda but instead of Link you had a bada$$ wolf with a sword or whip. HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO THAT?

8) Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - Honestly one of my favorite games now, but it's low on the list because I only recently started playing it, plus it angers me sometimes to the point of never wanting to play again lol.

9) Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series - My buddy Jordan and I have always been addicted to fighting each other in this series. Because it's gameplay is awesome.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-25, 19:33

Kai, if you have a PS3, add me on PSN. PsychicFork. I totaly want to play some MvC2 with you. Fair warning- I do suck at it though!
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-25, 20:39

I have it on 360 D: but I have both. I'm Wolf5090 on them both though.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-26, 03:16

I am disappoint.
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down