We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shows Thread

4 posters

Go down

Shows Thread Empty Shows Thread

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-21, 17:42

Well, in correlation to the movies thread, I figure I should post a Shows thread outside of it to throw some ideas around. I like getting into new shows, especially good ones!

Shows I'm caught up on:

Dexter and Supernatural

Both of which start new seasons this week/next week! Shows Thread 500387 Shows Thread 735197 Shows Thread 622918 Shows Thread 855352

Anyone else have good shows to recommend?!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Shows Thread Empty Re: Shows Thread

Post by Ominai 2010-09-21, 17:55

Are you bored kai?
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-21, 17:58

Nah making new threads to fuel the heart of the forums.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-21, 18:03

THEN WE SHALL FEED IT COAL!

as per request;

I got bored with Dexter during the Trinity killer storyline,
I got bored with Burn notice, just because,
I <3 Eureka and warehouse 13,
Also been watching Haven, alough its starting to get boring
Shows Thread 730556
Looking forward to more Supernatural and No ordinary Family.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-21, 18:15

I'll admit that the 4th season was pretty slow, i think the main reason I enjoyed it is 'cuz I was watchin' it with Allex, but it WAS a great season, just kinda slow paced until the last 4th of the season or so. I liked knowing who the killer was but also didn't like that there was no mystery in who was killing everyone lol I like Burn Notice..I should really catch up, maybe get Tiger into it. I do wanna get into Eureka and I loved the first season of Warehouse 13. And what's Haven? o_O?
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlady 2010-09-21, 18:46

Dexter and Supernatural of course, I've enjoyed the few episodes of Burn Notice that I've watched. I love Bones and CSI is amusing from time to time. I never really got into Warehouse 13 and I've never watched Eureka. I'm also sort of into Breaking Bad, but it's a bit slow moving as well.
Tigerlady
Tigerlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-21, 18:51

I vote we watch Bones or Eureka next! Shows Thread 319318
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-21, 20:53

Hmm... NCIS (new premier tonight! AMAZING!), NCIS: LA, Warehouse 13, Survivor, Royal Pains (it's on the off season track though... no new episodes for awhile).. that covers the general set. I also tune in for CSI and CSI: NY (but not Miami! Never Miami... the Caruso... o god...), the former to check in on how Morpheus is doin with the crime lab rats and the latter because I'm curious how many times Mac's gonna blow something up.

But yeah, top shelf? NCIS and NCIS: LA, and Warehouse 13. W13 has me hooked because it's fun watching alternate interpretations of historical artifacts do kooky stuff. And H.G. Wells! Is a woman! Amazing! NCIS: LA is neat cause Callen's character is actually fairly deep. That and the odd cameo appearances from the normal NCIS crew (especially Director Vance) is fun. And the last (and best!) remains on my list as long as Mark Harmon reprises his role as L.J. Gibbs. That character is my freakin hero.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-21, 21:02

have to agree, NCIS is great, and H.G wells is *let me slip into British* ehem.... bangin' hot, CSI: NY the only one i watch just because its fun to see them solve crimes with lasers and time travel and ballistic missiles.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-21, 21:05

I've been trying not to notice that about H.G. I'm starting to wonder if the H.G. really stands for "Hot Girl"...

Yeah, the CSI pseudoscience can be a bit jarring at times, but honestly, it's all worth it to watch Mac blow crap up (like the lab!)
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-22, 00:57

Only time I ever watch NCIS is when they have the Marathons on USA. I like the show I just never got around to starting episode 1 and going from there. Though, I do remember the original chick or whatever getting shot in the face. That was a fun episode =D Spoilers? I THINK NOT!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-22, 01:59

Kate. Ahh... Kate. Her replacement (Ziva) was critical to solidifying the team's dynamic, but Kate was a good character for the time she was there. The audience identified well with her due to the show's newness as well as her probie status (as Kate grew as an agent, the show's understanding of the show grew as well), and really, the character did need killing off so the next probie (McGee) could play straight man to DiNozzo's comedy routine with Ziva slotted for female lead to provide international scope (her connections to Mossad resulted in a lot of larger scope conflict being dealt with on the show)...

But yes, getting nailed by a sniper round on top of a roof right at the end of an episode was a fairly brutal way of pulling her.

I could probably write a college level dissertation regarding NCIS and how its storyline was likely written intentionally to evoke sociological responses in the viewership. The deeper irony would be if the writers actually just wrote it that way for shits and giggles and ended up with something so well designed by chance.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlady 2010-09-22, 02:54

The more I hear about NCIS, the more it interests me. I've never watched it from start to finish, same with CSI or Bones even, but it sounds like it's worth it. Maybe if I can find the time I'll look into it. Besides, I wanna see someone get sniped. Shows Thread 152172
Tigerlady
Tigerlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-22, 03:12

you'll have plenty of opportunities. That show does love its sniper warfare. Gibbs is a marine sniper turned NCIS agent (I'd say ex marine, but there's no such thing), they had an episode all about a serial sniper... hmm...

list of sniping incidents off the top of Ryzo's head:
Ari snipes Kate
Serial Sniper episode
amazing Gibbs shot on that one Deniable Op in sandy-stan (don't remember what country it was in)
Ziva rocks a rifle but never gets to fire
Gibbs' backstory in general, but in particular one specific shot that's become important recently.

That denial op shot was amazing, though a little marred by a chronological defect about two minutes later...

Definitely watch NCIS. It's on.... holy carp, it's on right now. *switches on his box to watch the DVR*
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-22, 13:02

Well I guess that's also on the list now D:
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down