We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random questions

+3
Kailok5090
Nova (Devilmoon)
Thalamant
7 posters

Go down

Random questions Empty Random questions

Post by Thalamant 2010-10-19, 04:06

For reasons that may become apparent at a later date, I have some questions for everyone.

Do you frequent any website that offer reviews of games/movies/tech and if so which?

What is your major draw to that particular site over another? (a particular editor or feature, fairness of the reviews, articles, etc)

What do you dislike the most about review sites in general? (bias, watered down criticism, design, etc?)

If you could change one thing about your favorite review site, what would it be?

Do you prefer to read reviews or watch them as video reviews?

Thank you for your time and answers!
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Random questions Empty Re: Random questions

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-19, 04:18

One thing that a site has to have regardless of it's content, is a quick and easy way to find exactly what it is you're looking for.

When it comes to reviews for movies, games, tech and etc., what I LOATH about a lot of sites is the bias they have towards so much. When the person doing the review goes into it with a biased(primarily negative) opinion because of prior products...it ruins the entire review from the start. All they can see are the DOWNs instead of discussing the UPs or vice versa.

If I could change anything about Review sites, I would probably have MULTIPLE editors reviewing a single product. So that you can hear from many different perspectives and opinions on it and compare.
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-19, 06:22

I think the multiple reviews would be a good idea - and then average out the different reviews for a solid final number
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-19, 18:58

Reviewers are teh carpz. Itz all about teh prepurchase rental.

Previewers, now them'z is where you get info from, but only for pushing your rental in the right direction.

Otherwise, if I'm going to buy a game blind? Yeah, it needs to be from an established game series or needs to be really fscking cheap. Like we're talking $15 USD cheap. None of this $20-60 crap.

Unless, of course, said game comes as a "Really Naughty Edition." I'll buy that just for lulz, and cause I'm a redblooded, meat eating American male age 25-35. Stupid hormones...

Every reviewer is biased, one way or another. Trick is finding the reviewer that's got the same bias as you.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-10-20, 01:14

bump
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-10-20, 04:21

I gotta say I do agree with the rental concept, but I myself am a collector. Any game I play, I buy it, thought I do read up on em a lot and check out trailers and such first. But even if it is does turn out kinda "meh", it's still like a trophy on the shelf just to have it.
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-20, 21:35

Aye, I like having the games, it isn't the same when you rent it..even if I end up trading games in that I don't play anymore.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarve2 2010-10-21, 02:06

at the moment i read the reviews on my phone from the G4 app on the android market.

i like the sarcasm and humor they put in there.

i don't like the limited amount of articles on the app.

i normally like to read a review first, then watch a video. unless its a trailer, i'll watch those anytime.

i do like it when magazines will have a games reviewed by multiple individuals during the same article.

well i used to read: gamepro, the original playstation magazine, egm, pc gamer. then later game informer, official xbox, official ps3. but i am only getting game informer presently.
Suarve2
Suarve2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-10-22, 03:37

bumparooni!
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Eurik 2010-10-22, 19:33

Do you frequent any website that offer reviews of games/movies/tech and if so which?
I frequent Kotaku, mostly,

What is your major draw to that particular site over another? (a particular editor or feature, fairness of the reviews, articles, etc)
I enjoy Kotaku because they seem to have a personal touch on everything they do, including reviews and previews. While there is certainly some biases by some of the reviewers, I generally consider them to for fairly competent reviews. Also, the community is pretty awesome - though like anywhere, it has its share of drooling fanboys. Finally, I really, really like the contests they put out. They are often simple to do, fun, and have great prizes. They make me feel like I can win!

What do you dislike the most about review sites in general? (bias, watered down criticism, design, etc?)
For the most part reviews seem like they can be bought on the larger sites. As well, sometimes I wonder if they even played the game they reviewed.

If you could change one thing about your favorite review site, what would it be?
Nothing comes readily to mind, though there is always something. I'll edit when I come up with something.

I prefer to read reviews, but I love it when gameplay clips are put into the review, or videos that illustrate previously mentioned points.
Eurik
Eurik

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-23, 22:21

nooo :< its really random with me, if I want a review on something Ill just type it into google

as long as theres not tons of adds everywhere and its easy to see where the review is its good to me! :)

adds.... :<

I dont have one ^^ but if I did it would be beautiful and very percise.

I read alot, I like reading~ if its a video review I think they should import clips from the game though. stuff like that, otherwise a video review can get really boring
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down