We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kailok's November-Update Experience

3 posters

Go down

Kailok's November-Update Experience Empty Kailok's November-Update Experience

Post by Kailok5090 2010-11-26, 03:44

Hiyo everyone! Well, I'm sure you're all amped to see how exactly the changes so far have effected us still playing? Well no worries agents of the Dawn! We've got your info right here ;D

Edit: I'll be updating this as the information changes and becomes new to us.

So you want to know what's changed? Well, so far we've noticed:

1) Possibly the most important change is the fact that you don't gain Skill Points based on actions done , instead you now gain a set number of exp and skill points after killing each mob. Seems to be a VERY fair amount so far. Thalamant and I started doing Leves while I was level 13, I got to level 15 in under two hours of playing (and that's counting a 30 minute break).

Thalamant mentioned as a caster class, it's much more enjoyable now to level and party because you aren't having to worry about hitting the mob to make sure you get SP, instead worrying about the spells you need to cast.

2) Lowering of the amount of EXP needed to level up your classes from 11 to 31. Primarily the changes seem to be from 11-20. SE stated that they were lowering 11-20 because it seemed people were getting stuck there.

3) Upon defeating your target mob in a group of monsters, the new targeting system will automatically target the next mob. It will not, however, auto-lock on that mob.

4) If you get aggro and a mob hits you, you will automatically target the mob.

5) If doing a Guild-Leve anything higher than 1-star difficulty, you can decrease the difficulty after the Leve has already been started. You cannot, however, increase the difficulty so choose wisely.

6) You can now use the Auto-Sort function for your inventory.

7) Inventory space has been increased from 80 to 100.

8) Party members now show up on your full map in real-time.

This is all I've noticed so far. I'll post more updates as I see them and go into detail how they help change the gameplay.

If you're interested in reading the actual patch notes, refer to the link below:
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=159e4a58b58fd0214620ec8d64ddd138d5ab599e
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Kailok's November-Update Experience Empty Re: Kailok's November-Update Experience

Post by Kailok5090 2010-11-26, 05:15

I've got to say, I've yet to have as much fun on the game as I had today. Thalamant, Pyrnn, and I did some Leves together, got about 4 skill levels (13-17) in 4 hours. Very awesome progress. Actually felt like you're getting somewhere. Plus I got a feel of nostalgia when we were fighting NPC mobs and you had to actually think up strategy instead of just killing one after the other after the other. I had a great time! I hope everyone starts getting back into the game :) We definitely will be.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Kailok's November-Update Experience Empty Re: Kailok's November-Update Experience

Post by Ominai 2010-11-27, 07:28

i think after nearly a month of no going on the game this has brought me back to it.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-11-27, 22:10

Aye, I think the break from it is what saved my opinion of it lol this update saved them :o
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xable 2010-11-29, 05:42

i need to reactivate my account and try it out again

Xable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down