We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

random shutdowns

4 posters

Go down

random shutdowns Empty random shutdowns

Post by Erumei 2010-10-05, 08:57

My computer just shuts off every once in awhile randomly when I play ffxiv, anyone else have this issue? Im wondering how the game could effect my computer that way.. random shutdowns 932811 after it happens I keep getting error code 3102, but thats just because the game still thinks im logged in -sigh- all I want is to play without dcing during leaves~~
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

random shutdowns Empty Re: random shutdowns

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-05, 13:17

It could be possible that your power supply or video card are giving out while you're playing. Does this happen any other time than when you're playing FFXIV? other games? We've got a few comp geeks on here so maybe we can figure it out for you..Suarve, Thal, or myself (but I'm much less experienced than those two). Also you can try using google with keywords of what's happening and hopefully someone will have the same problem as you and you can find a solution ^^ Hope you figure something out!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-06, 00:49

It's possible you're experiencing thermal shutdowns. You'll need to post your computer's specifications and download and run a program that'll display your chip temps. CPU-Z is the commonly used one.

Of course, this is only one possible cause. In addition to your shutdown, is there a physical memory dump? This indicates issues with RAM or with certain OS files.

If your system just plain dies entirely, no power or nothing, your PSU might be the cause, but I'm disinclined to believe this as it's an intermittent problem (a blown psu tends to blow totally and not power back on).

I certainly wouldn't recommend continuing to play through repeated critical system failures as this can cause further problems.

I think. At least, it's what my A.A.S. in I.T. is telling me.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-06, 00:53

ehh? D: physical memory dump? ....I dont think theres any of that going on..I mean Im not getting any error messages when my pc turns back on. but there are times when I'll press the power button and it wont do anything after the game shut it down. This computer is practically new I should not be having these issues... ,_, (has a asus g73j)
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-06, 01:30

Is it still under warranty? Send it in for repairs.

Are you using Vista/Win 7? If so there's an option that auto restarts, preventing you from seeing BSOD's. You should turn that off.

It's a laptop, which means it has shite for cooling. Is it noticeably hot when this occurs? Does the issue happen after a set period of time? (like, say, 20 minutes)

Have you updated your drivers?

Essentially, this could be any of 10 different things that're going wrong, from a faulty memory stick to a crap battery to pisspoor cooling, to a driver issue... the list goes on. You can try to troubleshoot it yourself, but it may simply be better to mail it back to ASUS for repair or an RMA.

Personal note: Ryzo saiz laptops = not for gaming, no matter what anyone saiz.

EDIT: FFXIVCore, you are teh bestest...
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/9977-asus-g73jh-notebook-ffxiv-guide/
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-10-06, 01:36

Aye. Where do you usually have it setup by the way? You don't wanna have it on a cloth type surface, always something tough, which I'm sure you know but JUST in case you don't. If you have it on there for an extended period of time it'll shut itself off in order to prevent overheating problems.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-09, 21:37

its normally on the table. Ima call Sqaure tech services maybe they can help, if not I know a few people I can take my lappy to. But still~~ hopefully itll get fixed soon so Im not booted off all the time :x
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-09, 22:10

Didja try any of the fixes in the EDIT of my last post?

Best of luck!
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrnn 2010-10-12, 00:46

I like this program for checking on my CPU temps. It keeps a current number in the system tray, and hold the min / max values as well.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Try running that and playing FFXIV for a bit, then check what the recorded high temp was.
Pyrnn
Pyrnn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumei 2010-10-22, 05:27

I downloaded that program pyrnn, and all of my cores were like 61 62 68 and 65 when it shuttdown
Erumei
Erumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-10-24, 02:46

Is that C or F?

If C, I'm thinking thermal shutdown land as Intel wants the CPU kept around 40 or so.

But I'll admit now that I'm fast reaching the depth of my experience. If it's still relatively new, I'd see about talking to Dell, or examining the link I provided above.

Good Luck!
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down