We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SE...I hate you. Just saying.

5 posters

Go down

SE...I hate you. Just saying. Empty SE...I hate you. Just saying.

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-23, 19:58

Well, it's nothing new folks. I hate SE. Why? Because they go and do crap like having no direct payment system and go through companies like ClickandBuy to do it for them.

Why is that a problem?

It wasn't until my account was temporarily blocked. No explanation as to WHY it was blocked. Oh, and I also have to call or email them! Ok, whatever, I call them. WHAT A SURPRISE, THE PHONES ARE BUSY LOLOMG. Fine. I'll email them. It's been an hour. AN HOUR. I should NOT have to go through this just to play your freaking game, SE.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

SE...I hate you. Just saying. Empty Re: SE...I hate you. Just saying.

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-09-23, 20:20

No worries man, with all the damn server lag and the surprise maintenances...it's really not worth the effort right now...the game was so not ready for release. When it takes 30 secs to initiate combat stance, and 30 more just to use an ability....there is a problem...a big one. SE...I hate you. Just saying. 855352
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-23, 20:21

They already stated before that it wasn't ready, but I'd rather play a slightly broken game than have to deal with this freakin' company..already had to though so let's hope I can get in..
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-23, 20:46

I'm curious to hear why they blocked you. Once you get communication with them, please let us know the details, if it's not too personal...

I've not run into trouble yet...

And really? 30 seconds to enter combat stance? I can't tell because my gpu is shite. my typical combat ends before any actual damage or other data shows up. I just walk up and start hammering away at it, it dies, then everything that happened shows up. Tis a good thing I'm starting Pug, else I'm not sure I'd be able to sling spells accurately enough.... :P

Cannot wait for my components to arrive... SE...I hate you. Just saying. 44601
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-09-23, 21:01

it is kinda like that for me Ryzouken but the actual visual effects and menu changes dont occur for a LONG time... SE...I hate you. Just saying. 44601 twice now the effects and menus caught up and i was nearly dead because I could only get the first attack off while it kept hitting me...

And Kai someone may have tried to access your account on their site. I had that problem with PayPal once. Someone tried to get in and couldn't so they locked it up until I could provide proof of ID, which is basically they charge a small amount to the corresponding bank account, and you tell them what the exact amount charged was. As long as you tell em the right charge they unlock it. It's kinda cryptic lol.
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzouken 2010-09-23, 21:12

They do reverse that charge, yes?

Else, charging you a surcharge for being the victim of cyber crime is... well... not a good business practice (putting it very mildly!)

I'm a button spammer, so... when lag hits I still win. Or lose, if that would've happened. Essentially, I just lose the capacity to react to an "oh crap" situation and run, which is fine for me, since I'm not big on retreating. Screw discretion, valor is its own reward.
Ryzouken
Ryzouken

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlibbit 2010-09-23, 21:56

I was stunned when I saw two very unconventional methods as the only way to pay for this game--the Clickandbuy thing and that other option (don't remember it ATM).

Anyway, you needed an account for the Clickandbuy crap so I didn't even want to fool with that, because that's just lame and cumbersome.

Fortunately, that other payment option had PayPal as a sub-option in it, so that was the best bet for me. SE also has those Crysta things which seem to function like Microsoft Points or something, like how you can just "buy" so many of them and use them for services. Good for people who don't want a recurring charge that they'll forget about (me).
Phlibbit
Phlibbit

http://www.smbmovie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-23, 22:26

I rarely forget about my charges but I also don't like the idea of Microsoft points. At least..not in chunks. If they had an option to just purchase the amount you actually need each week instead of doing multiple processes, which let's admit the only reason anyone will be doing anything with Crysta is to be paying for this game..
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-25, 06:23

Temporary Suspension of the GM Petition Service (Sep. 24)
At the following time, the GM petition service for FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

The European GMs will not be able to answer calls during this time. For urgent issues, the North American GM petition service will be operating as normal and users may still place GM calls. However, please be aware that this service will only be available in English and there may be some delays until the GM calls are answered.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 24, 2010 at 22:45 to Sep. 25 at 07:00 (GMT)

[Details]
The GM petition service for FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable

[Cause]
Technical difficulties

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

Think this means they're hiring? I think i'd be a fun GM, Traumatic, but fun.
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-25, 13:25

Yar you could do mean stuff to people and do that as your blog XD like GM Dave or whatever his name was, doing stuff to stupid people who didn't know any better.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-09-25, 16:34

I would imagine so since they still have all their GMs up on ffxi. But they're probably just getting swamped with GM calls about anything and everything...
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-25, 17:57

Well I have to admit - the bug where I can't attack because it's already engaged is a bit...annoying. Especially considering it never showed up for me during beta, and now it appears at release. But I'm sure they know about it already so I see no point in putting in ticket after ticket. I'm still enjoying my time - plus the lag has gotten much better. I'm barely having any problems. I'm also happy about how well the mouse works now too.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down