We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have moved! You may now visit the new forums @ www.sacreddawnls.net and click on forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eorzea PreLive info

+4
Raspberries
Tigerlady
Caprius
Thalamant
8 posters

Go down

Eorzea PreLive info Empty Eorzea PreLive info

Post by Thalamant 2010-09-15, 05:04

Some new info coming out of the PreLive event was posted at Zam (http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=23252).

Click the link or on the spoiler below to read.

Spoiler:

Important bullets

• Guildleve and anima cooldown reduction
  • Better UI functionality
  • Better Bazaar and Retainer functionality
  • NMs and a new NM Leve system

It's good to finally get some news, and I can't wait to dive into the game full force next week!
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Eorzea PreLive info Empty Re: Eorzea PreLive info

Post by Caprius 2010-09-15, 06:14

Exciting news indeed! Sounds like they are going to add a lot more depth to the battle system and guildleves. Discounted monthly fee options are a nice incentive too.
Caprius
Caprius

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlady 2010-09-15, 14:02

That's certainly good to hear, especially since they're working on fixing issues I really have a problem with. I'm excited to see some of these giant NMs they talked about.
Tigerlady
Tigerlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspberries 2010-09-15, 14:20

Very cool. I'm even moar hyped now x_x
Raspberries
Raspberries

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-15, 17:55

with regards to the new prerelease video, whats with all the posh cockney british voice actors? going to drive me insane Eorzea PreLive info 855352
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-09-15, 17:59

Better than the JP try and emulate American accents imo. They'd probably make everyone sound like cowboys and rednecks.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominai 2010-09-15, 18:16

yes suppose, but you dont work somewhere where most of the people you talk to are hired from the south of england and constantly come in saying "Whats Happenin'?" in that accent arrrrrrrrrrrrg Eorzea PreLive info 730166
Ominai
Ominai
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-15, 18:17

THEY TOOK OUR JURBS!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-15, 18:21

"Some are so large they will make regular morbols seem small. " <-- THAT is going to be SO fun to tank >:D!
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-09-15, 18:30

that's what she said? Eorzea PreLive info 678178
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-15, 18:54

This is definitely some exciting news :) The reduction and retrying of guildleves is awesome. It shows they are listening to the players.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowmantis 2010-09-15, 22:55

Since I am new to to the entire FF franchise, I generally like what I see. They are planning to have a fix for some of the more frustrating elements of the game. The one major concern I still have is that the entire battle / PvE / PvP UI which seems completely "under baked" to me.

I have taken the opportunity to try different class types and had various battle conditions and more than 90% of the time it is almost impossible to disengage from a fight and run or even try to turn and get some distance for a range attack. The UI locks you to a target and keeps you engaged until you defeat the target or a KO occurs. This is fine if and acceptable if there was no aggro and a multi-mob pileup. While you are locked, you now are presented with a very difficult task of trying to disengage when you might not even be able to move because there are several mobs close and beating you to a pulp. (always fight in the open if you can. Stay away from items that may block you path in case you need to disengage).

Okay... now you guys are all rolling your eye and thinking this moron is a carebear. It is not that I'm a carebear, I just want to be able to rush into battle like the CGI FFXIV trailers and kill a bunch of mobs without the problem of unlocking and relocking single targets. The only mention of UI changes that I see is the following entry: "Adjustment of the Armoury System UI so player abilities will not reset when changing classes."

Maybe my character's low skills is making this more of an issue than it should be, but I can tell you that it is really frustrating to see my armor being chipped away.
Snowmantis
Snowmantis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlady 2010-09-15, 23:19

I found the lock on issue to be a problem as well, so I turned it off in the configuration menu. It makes battling, changing targets, and running much easier.
Tigerlady
Tigerlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowmantis 2010-09-15, 23:45

Tigerlady wrote:I found the lock on issue to be a problem as well, so I turned it off in the configuration menu. It makes battling, changing targets, and running much easier.

I am trying this now... it does provide more options for movement in battle. Thanks... I'll try this until OB runs out.
Snowmantis
Snowmantis

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalamant 2010-09-16, 01:24

The target lock system is a console feature that carried over from FFXI. You can turn it off, or there should be a button on your keyboard to unlock if you need to make a target change or run away. I've found that pressing the cancel button on my controller will unlock the target if I have no other menus open.

To be honest I've always been a fan of the auto-lock from XI, but I do remember during my first week back in '03 getting locked on to a fellow player for several minutes and getting killed and not understanding what happened.

I can be frustrating, but its a tool that when mastered helps a ton in my opinion. That being said, in FFXI you only fought one mob at a time so being locked was natural, but with multiple mobs I can see why its frustrating to newer players.
Thalamant
Thalamant
Linkshell Master
Linkshell Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailok5090 2010-09-16, 03:09

I like locking on, but I'll admit the targeting system in the beta was definitely flawed. It was way too much of a hassle switching from one target to another, even after being used to XI's version of it. It's gotta me and Tiger killed plenty of times.
Kailok5090
Kailok5090
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova (Devilmoon) 2010-09-16, 05:44

YAY LEVE NMS!!!!!!!
Nova (Devilmoon)
Nova (Devilmoon)
Senior Officer
Senior Officer